Pearl River School Summer Fundraiser!
June 27th @ 8pm @ Emmett’s Castle in Pearl River (285 Blue Hill Rd, Pearl River, NY. 845-735-3504)!
Enjoy an evening of live music, DJ, dancing and fun! Bring your friends! Your donation helps fund scholarships for Catskills Irish Arts Week, Pearl River School of Irish Music, the All-Ireland Fleadh Cheoil, Sligo, Ireland!
Filed under: Uncategorized
The Celtic Fiddlers
The Celtic Fiddlers, based out of St. John’s, Newfoundland, Canada, will be touring New York City from June 27 – July 5, 2014. The vibrant group of 13 professional musicians is accompanied by piano, mandolin, mandola, tin whistle, bodhran, cajone, accordion, banjo, bouzouki, bass, voice, guitar and drums. They have gained an outstanding reputation for their eclectic style and presentation.
The repertoire of The Celtic Fiddlers consists of traditional and original vocal and instrumental Irish/Newfoundland music – ballads, jigs, reels, etc. There is a connection between Newfoundland and New York with Ireland as many of their ancestors were of Irish descent. The Irish travelled to new ports for livelihood and survival during the 1800’s.
Under the direction of Korona Brophy, musician, arranger and teacher, the Celtic Fiddlers have performed at a wide milieu of international, national and provincial conventions and festivals. In August, 2012, the Fiddlers travelled to Ireland for a performance tour with the Festival of the Sea. They were invited to festivals in Cork, Dungarven, Carrick-On-Suir, and Waterford. Additional tours in Ireland were in 1999, 2003 and 2008.
The Celtic Fiddlers will be touring New York through invitation from the Canadian Consulate and Canadian Association of New York as part of the Canada Day festivities. They also have invitations from the Irish Christian Brothers, Iona College and Ellis Island Museum.
Be sure to catch this phenomenal group on June 28 at O’Lunney’s Pub, Times Square at 10pm; June 30 at the Canadian Consulate from 12-1pm; June 30 at The Frying Pan at 7pm; July 1 at Dempsey’s Pub at 8pm; and July 2 on Ellis Island from 1:30-2:30pm.
The Celtic Fiddlers are members of the Music Industry Association of Newfoundland and Labrador and the East Coast Music Association. Check out their website at http://www.thecelticfiddlers.ca for further shows!
Bergen County Irish Festival
Saturday, June 28th, 2014, Overpeck County Park, Ridgefield Park, N.J.
Park opens at 11:00 am
- 11:00 – Mass – Main Stage
- Performance from Bergenfield School of Irish Dance
- 12:30 – Festival Opens – Main Stage
- National Anthems
- Speeches from dignitaries, elected officials, etc.
- Performance by Bergen Irish Pipe Band
- Intro of Broken Banjo Strings
- 1:00 – Pub Areas Open
- Children’s Activities Open
- Broken Banjo Strings (band) – Main Stage
- Tommy Mulvihill Band – Traditional Tent
- Author readings & performances begin – Arts & Literature Tent
- 2:00 – Gaelic Football Tournament starts – Pete Jones Field
- Last call for 50/50 (by bands on stage)
- Pony Rides Open
- 2:30 – Drawing of 2pm 50/50 – Main Stage
- Intro of Ridgewood School of Irish Dance
- McLoughlin Dancers – Traditional Tent
- 2:35 – Performance by Ridgewood School of Irish Dance – Main Stage
- 3:00 – Intro & Performance of Clan na Vale Pipe Band
- Mike Keogh and Tara Gold – Traditional Tent
- Intro of The Cousins Moran (band) – Main Stage
- 4:00 – Last call for 4pm 50/50 (by bands)
- Intro of McLoughlin School of Irish Dance
- Author readings & performances end – Arts & Literature Tent
- 9-Mile House (band) – Arts & Literature Tent
- 4:15 – Performance by McLoughlin School of Irish Dance
- 4:30 – Drawing of 4pm 50/50
- Intro of the Narrowbacks
- Performance by the Ridgewood School of Irish Dance – Traditional Tent
- 5:00 – 7:00 – CEILI – (no break)– Traditional Tent
- Hosted by The Mike Rafferty-Joe Madden Branch CCE
- Music By: John Nolan, Margie Mulvihill, Bernadette Fee & Dan Gibney
- Bergen County Firefighters Pipe Band – Main Stage
- Gaelic Football Tournament Final – Pete Jones Field
- Pony rides – close
- 6:00 – Pub areas – close
- Trophy presentation for GAA Tournament winner – Main Stage
- Closing statements / Thank You – Main Stage
- Intro – Danny Quinn – Main Stage
- Last call of 6pm 50/50 – Main Stage (Danny Quinn)
- Festival Closes
Niall and Cillian Vallely on Tour
Niall and Cillian Vallely are off on tour in the US and Canada from June 13th to June 29th. The tour will take in performances in New York, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Delaware, Washington DC, Maryland and Quebec. It will include a special performance with the Mid-Atlantic Symphony Orchestra in Ocean City, MD on June 20th. They’ll also be joined by Alan Murray on guitar.
Fri 13 8pm Pearl River, NY House Concert firstname.lastname@example.org 845 641 5882
Sat 14 Fairfield, CT Fairfield Irish festival http://www.irishfestival.org
Sun 15 4pm Tuftenboro, NH Old White Church Greg Heppe email@example.com 603-569-9859
Tues 17 7.30pm Wilmington, DE Blue Ball Barn, Green Willow Folk Club firstname.lastname@example.org 302-456-3242
Wed 18 8pm Washington DC House Concert (SOLD OUT)
Fri 20 Selbyville, DE w/Mid-Atlantic Symphony Orchestra http://www.freemanstage.org/event/mid-atlantic-symphony-orchestra-songs-of-st-patrick
Sat 21 Philadelphia, PA House Concert (SOLD OUT)
Sun 22 2pm Ridgefield, CT lalambton@ridgefieldlibrary 203 438 2282
Wed 25 8pm Rochester, NY East Rochester High School http://www.blackrosetrad.org/vallely.html
Fri 27-29 Montreal, QC Chants De Vielles Festival http://www.chantsdevielles.com/
Rory Dolan’s Fleadh Fundraiser 2014!
Fathers Day, June 15th, 12 noon! Starting with Sunday Mass, said by Monsignor Charlie Coen
Indoor/Outdoor Event! Live Irish Music Under The Tent!
Student bands from Rose Flanagan, Patty Furlong, Margie Mulvihill, Deirdre Connolly, Mary Coogan, Brendan Fahy, John Nolan, John Redmond, Erin Loughran and Seagda Coyle!
GUEST PERFORMANCES BY:
- DONIE CARROLL
- MICKEY COLEMAN
- RAYMOND COLEMAN
- JOHN REDMOND, DONIE RYAN, SHANE O’SULLIVAN
- CELTIC JUSTICE
- PETER McKIERNAN
- SEAN RUANE
- SEAN TIERNEY
- FLYNN SCHOOL OF IRISH DANCE
- AND MANY MORE!
Please support our young qualifying musicians from local Irish Music Schools. Your donations help defray travel costs needed to compete in the All-World Fleadh Cheoil, Sligo Ireland.
John Whelan and Haley Richardson in Concert, NYC
Saturday, June 7at 7:30pm
New York Irish Center
1040 Jackson Avenue
Long Island City, New York 11101
8 Time All-Ireland Button Accordion Champion JOHN WHELAN and special guest 11 year old HALEY RICHARDSON, winner of 2 All-Ireland titles on fiddle in 2013!
Admission: $20 Under 12: Free
Tickets at: www.nyirish.org or 718.482.0909
Bayshore Irish Festival
KEANSBURG, New Jersey (May 01, 2014) – On Saturday, August 2nd 2014, the Borough Council of Keansburg
will present the first Bayshore Irish Festival, a family oriented event celebrating the rich Irish heritage of the Bayshore Communities. The day long, free festival will be held at the waterfront in Keansburg, NJ.
The inaugural edition of the Bayshore Irish Festival will begin at 12:00 PM and run until 6PM with a variety of activities and entertainment for the entire family. Admission is free and attendees are encouraged to bring blankets and lawn chairs to make themselves comfortable as they take in all the festival has to offer as well as the rest of the activities and attractions available in Keansburg on a beautiful summer afternoon. No coolers permitted.
Music and entertainment will be provided throughout the day by local traditional Irish musicians as well as by Irish bands; Celtic Connection from Philadelphia and the always upbeat Narrowbacks from New York. Traditional Irish step dancing will be presented by fabulous and highly acclaimed Shea-Jennings School of Irish Dance.
A variety of food, clothing and crafts vendors will be on hand in addition to local businesses showcasing their goods and services. Free spots are available in all vendor categories if you own a business and are interested in participating. Advance registration is required and information can be obtained via email at email@example.com
A beer garden will be provided and proceeds from those sales will benefit the Borough of Keansburg Emergency Services Departments.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org